Saturday, May 18, 2013

An Intimate Celebration

A day before graduation, my family and I invited close relatives for thanksgiving lunch for my graduation in medical school.

I had a hard time choosing where and I made a good choice, Phoenix Court at Bellevue Hotel, Alabang.





Asia Tatler Dining Nestled in a deluxe hotel in Alabang, The Bellevue Manila, Phoenix Court restaurant is elegant and spacious. Teacups will never go empty as the restaurant serves delectable Oolong teas. Having a friendly staff, quick service and scrumptious authentic Chinese dishes, this fine dining restaurant down south will save you a trip to China.


Biggest table with lazy susan









oyster eyes after giving my speech







my tropical shake















with the Kings


the Reyes family

the Panlaqui family

And the script of my speech

First of all, I'd like to thank the Lord for all the blessings that my family and I received.
Without his help, i won't have the opportunity to study at the premier university and train in one of  best hospitals not only in the country but in the world as well. I'd prove that we are your scholars, the Iskolars ng Bayan, everyone subsidizes our studies, so thank you! We truly are the cream of the cream of the crop of the country and the underserved patients in PGH are our invaluable teachers.

I'd like to thank my dear brother whom we love so much! For the happiness and all the good times, for fetching me or bringing me to school, for accompanying me and supporting me and for being so proud of me. I can't wait for the day when its your time to give this thanksgiving speech. May God guide and enlighten you, i know you'll also be successful as well. Always remember that we are here for you.

To my grandparents for the love and support, may God bless my departed Tatay Kiko and Nany Nene whom I know are cheering for me with the Lord. Thank you to Mommy for being so proud of me and for pressuring me that I'm the first King to be a doctor, to bad she's not here. Thank you for Daddy for always checking on me, for never failing to show your love and of how proud you are of me. now that I am a doctor, you should listen to me more!

To the rest of King, Reyes and Panlaqui family, for the endless support and guidance. For the reminders and encouragements that I can do this, thank you!

To my boyfriend, Rudden, for the unwavering love and support, for fetching me from duty or just visiting me during duty, for bringing me food and for all the other favors, thank you! You have been my source of strength and happiness when everything seems so tough in med school. And every one knows how grateful I am to have someone like you, someone who loves me for how I am and how supports whatever I do and want. May God bless us both and may our dreams and plans happen. Thank you and I love you so much!

Thank you also to the Montecillo family for the guidance, love and support and for praying for me all the time esp for my upcoming boards. And for treating me as part of your family.

And of course, I'd like to thank my parents for all the love and endless support. For all the help and encouragement, for never questioning why I ask so much money for books, stash, clothes, etc. For checking on me every day and even if my dad is miles away from us, he'd chat or call me as often as he can. It is such a great sacrifice to be away from the family, but soon you can stop going abroad and we will all be together. For my mom who'd i have text chats with for chikas or deciding what to buy online or wherever, for listening to everything and for just being the coolest mom in the world. Thank you to my parents who are very understanding, even if i have to miss family dates or celebrations or arrival/departures because I am on duty or even if I have to cancel their calls because I'm running a code, doing CPR to a dying patient or just having a consult.  You guys are getting old!!! your daughter is a doctor already, I am so proud of you and this is for both of you! I love you both so much!

Lord God,
I praise and glorify your most Holy Name, without you, I won't be where I am now. All this Lord God is for you and through you. All my achievements are for you and my loved ones.
I again ask for your guidance Lord God that I am to have another milestone, the last step I have to take before having the privilege to serve your people, passing the medical board exams this August. Please help me fight sleepiness and laziness! Help me recall all the things that I have studied. Through perseverance and determination, i know you'll guide me.




dress from Caliope Italia, wedges from Heatwave, bag from Gucci, earrings from Suite Blanco, necklace from mom, watch from Michael Kors