Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Camiguin

On our third weekend in Mindanao, we went to Camiguin which is a 2-hour ferry ride from Cagayan de Oro. I don't have any idea on what Camiguin looks like and when we got there, wow! The place is so virgin it's bordering to ghost-town, haha!

Camiguin is an island in the Bohol Sea and is the second smallest island in the Philippines, after Batanes. It is the Island born of fire due to the eruptions of Mt. Vulcan and Mt. Hibok-Hibok.

Via Paras Sea Cat, we arrived before lunchtime. We headed to our resort, Paguia's, had lunch then had our tour via a multicab.
view from the road
Sunken Cemetery
1. Sto Nino Cold Springs
behind is Tres Maria mountain range
 
2. Old Church Ruins
Forever21 romper, Havaianas, Longchamp bag, Forever21 sunnies,Talib bikini
3. Sunken Cemetery
Uly, Daniel, Yuan and I swam to the cross which was quite far and with strong currents but it was totally fun!haha!
that's us! Yeehee!!!
4. Walkway and Stations of the Cross
5. Katibawasan Falls


6. dinner at Vjandep-makers of the famous Pastel


7. Ardent Hot Spring
The Philippines is truly blessed with natural wonders. I have been to well-renowned places in the country but I still get amazed when I see uncommercialized places. I saw very few foreigners and I'm sure one day, this place will be discovered by big time investors and will be developed like other famous places in the country. I enjoyed my stay there and like in Coron, Palawan, I'm glad that I went there when there are still very few visitors.