Friday, May 6, 2011

Of nearby beach

On our first weekend, we hit a nearby beach which is around 10-15 minutes away from our place. Several resorts line the beach and we chose the farthest one with less people. The boys grilled tuna and bought grilled chicken and liempo for lunch. It was my first time to eat "puso" rice wrapped in leaves. We had vodka sprite and vodka lime for dessert, haha!



















I can stay in the beach alone. It's my "me" time. Sunbathe. Sleep. Swim. Skim, Surf.

I love Opol beach because it is a low maintenance local beach with fine sand, clean water, cheap rentals and long shore. You can actually surf because of the pretty big waves. If only I have a surfboard or I can rent one, I could have surfed that day. I tried looking for boards but the locals told me that surfers from Siargao bring their own. Before leaving, I saw two guys with surfboards and without hesitation, I approached them. They told me they'll lend me but it took them so long to ride a wave until I got lazy waiting and decided to just go home because the waves became small already. Haha!



top from Space, bikini from Pink belter, vintage bohemian skirt, sunnies from Forever21, watch from Technomarine

We can even go to the beach everyday. Haha! This is my first beachtrip in Mindanao and I'm loving it here so much!
Am I a mermaid? ♥