Monday, November 18, 2013

Bantay, Ilocos Sur

After breakfast, our first stop was at Our Lady of Charity in Bantay, Ilocos Sur.




I love visiting old churches and I remember how much I prayed for my medical board exams during my last trip with Rudden in Bohol and Cebu. Now, I keep on thanking God for all the blessings that my family has received and I ask for guidance as I take another milestone in my medical career. Of course, let us not forget those affected by Yolanda.


The church guide prompted us go to the back of the altar to have us "blessed". I thought there is a priest or a religious leader of some sort who will bless us but I didn't expect that the patron herself, Lady of Charity, will be turned around to face us. I think this is the first time I saw something like that. I know that in other churches you can go to the back of the altar to touch the saint but not to let it turn to face you. Epic!



This reminded me so much of Cagsawa Ruins in Legazpi. Check post here







It will be very nice if they hold mass celebrations here. :)
P.S. Excited to try Cafe by the Ruins in Baguio next week with Rudden.