Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Durian, Civet and Jack's Ridge

What is Davao without Durian, Mangosteen and Pomelo? :) We shopped in a famous fruit candy factory to buy pasalubongs. We got to taste a lot of fruit candies in different varieties. My brother also enjoyed his durian shake. :) I'm more happy buying pasalubongs than eating the durian but not that I don't like it :)




It's also my first time to try Civet coffee and it's really good!!! However, it was very expensive so I didn't buy more, haha! But oh my, it really is great!
Sorry for my poor Wikipedia source, I'm hoping this is reliable: Civet coffee refers to the seeds of coffee berries once they have been eaten and egested by the Asian palm civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus). It has been called the most expensive coffee in the world. It is also widely gathered in the forest or produced in the farms in the islands of the Philippines (where the product is called kape motit in the Cordillera region, kape alamid in Tagalog areas, and kape melĂ´ or kape musang in Mindanao island)



Before the day ends, we went to Jack Ridge's which is like the Tagaytay of Luzon or the Tops of Cebu. It's such a good place to hangout, eat grilled food and drink beer and cocktails.













Loving Davao :)