Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Love,heart and Cardiology

I had a complete bed rest during my Medical ICU duty so on my post-duty day, I was able to attend the sorority's meeting, to dine with batchmates and to lounge at Starbucks.

After my Internal Medicine rotation, I realized how hard it is to be an Internist. The spectrum of diseases is overwhelming and clinching the correct diagnosis (not to say multiple diseases on one person) needs a great bank of knowledge. Though the intelligence of my residents and consultants may be intimidating, I'm glad to meet a few residents who have intense passion to IM that I am getting more courage to continue pursuing this difficult field. Special mention to one of my residents, Dr. Joey Duya, whose intelligence and train of thinking are awesome but whose passion in teaching and in sharing his knowledge is more inspiring. Yes, I am a big Duya fan! :))) I'm also glad to have brods and sisses who are always enthusiastic to help and who are also my sources of inspiration. Mushy!

Medicine is a serious field but my life spells FUN, CHILL, PARTY, SHOP and TRAVEL, thus, whenever I feel like studying, I take my chance to study. Haha! I tell you, moments like these are rare coz recently, all I want to do on a post-duty day is sleep, shop and eat. For this night, I went to Starbucks, without any fashion magazine in tow, I read a Clinical Practice Guideline and scanned some notes in IM. :)

still loving the interiors

I wore this I ♥ UP with a heart's anatomy which caught the attention of a lot of people, kudos to witty shirts like this! :) And yes, I want Cardiology even if its a hell challenging specialization, haha!



Sharing: my first patient at the Medical ICU is a veteran couturier. He may not be well-known but he used to design clothes for Susan Roces, other celebrities and some foreigners. His work was even published at the New York Times magazine on March 1977. I told him about my blog and my love for fashion and he excitedly told me, before I sent him home, that he will design for me the gown that was published in the NYTimes. Great news is he lives in a village next to mine. I already know his exact house, haha! Hope to see him again! :) But beyond this, I'm glad to handle a Cardiology patient and be able to send him home from the ICU without even transferring him to the wards (aka direct discharge). Cheers to my partner, my sis, Jan '12! Let's wait for our gowns! haha!