Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hunger Games

Had no chance to read the books but I feel like I'll enjoy the books more than the movie. :) I'll read the books after all my exams :) 

With very limited knowledge on the story, I must say that the movie is interesting and entertaining. Good thing, Jared read the book so I always ask him to explain stuff which are unclear to me, haha!

I feel like I can totally live in the Capitol, clothes are so fun! It's Tessa Prieto-Valdes all over! A Hunger Games party theme will be so fun! Excited for the clothes and make-up! hahahaha!!!

"For inspiration for the Capitol costumes, (Judianna) Makovsky looked at Italian Fascist architecture and the work of 1930s and '40s fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli for her sense of elegance and amusement. Filmgoers get their first taste of the Capitol when Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks), the ambassador to the Hunger Games, arrives for the Reaping dressed in a bum-hugging fuchsia dress and a pink wig with a vintage 1930s flower hat stuck on. Her gold booties are from Alexander McQueen, whose work comes to mind when looking at the Capitol dwellers." source


Tried wearing one of the basic tops which I bought for Internship. Wore my head gear which I think is starting to be one of my trademarks (after all the turbands and turbans obsession,haha!). Wore the comfiest leopard wedges to add spice to the outfit. :)
 

top from Forever21, pants from What A Girl Wants, wedges from H&M, turban from Flatterbuy, watch from DKNY, bag from Banana Taipei


After the movie, Joyce and I went to Starbucks to study. We miss dating each other, haha!







Thanks to all those who appreciate what I wear.
Thanks to those who visit my blog.
To Sis Joie, I was flattered with what you told me earlier. Things like that makes me feel like I have a say when it comes to fashion and styling, haha! You know I love you, always! :)