Wednesday, August 25, 2010

on cocktail attire

Gawad Panitikan Pangkalusugan is Mu Sigma Phi Sorority's nationwide children's storybook writing competition on health. The press conference-cum-awarding ceremony was conducted at Filipinas Heritage Library in Makati.


The initial dresscode is smart casual so I already planned wearing the Topshop dress I got during the private sale. However, 2 weeks prior to the event, the dress code was changed to semi-formal! Hmmm...But I still want to stick to the Topshop dress because I'm saving clothes for upcoming events and trips, haha! Good thing, 2 days before the event, I was reading Nina Garcia's The Little Black Book of Style and blimey, she differentiated cocktail attire (or informal or semiformal) from smart casual (or dressy casual or festive casual or business casual). And she said on cocktail attire, "This means a short dress. Have a lot of fun here. Pull out that fabulous short dress, your killer high heels, your funkier jewelry. Big cocktail rings are made for this dress code". Yay! Yay! I was on the right track. I was afraid I'm going to be underdressed, haha! 

pasalubong of Bambam from United Kingdom



Nina Garcia's checklist: dress from Topshop, heels from Trunkshow, necklace debut gift, cocktail ring gift, gold clutch bag from Guess, watch from Fossil


The event is a success. The venue is great, I think I'm dropping by on Saturday morning, woot. The food is good, we ate a lot. Haha!





















Cybill


Majah




UP Medicine Choir






Congratulations to our classmate, John Tindoc!


Congratulations to all the winners!!!







We accept pledges. It's 300php for the 5 books.=)