Monday, July 26, 2010

High-low fashion (88th entry)

High-low fashion is so me! I would not usually splurge on super expensive clothes but I'll wear them with designer shoes or bags. I recently encountered the phrase "high-low fashion" and it's so me. I actually never thought that such a phrase exist, weird. Sometimes, I am overwhelmed on how bigtime bloggers are dressed up head-to-toe with designer items. I realized that most of them are actually stylists and entrepreneurs which give them a lot of opportunities to dress up and lots of money to buy expensive stuff. Lucky for them! That is something that is not going to happen to me any time soon. Haha!


I actually don't see this blog going in the high ranks of the Philippine fashion blogosphere. The primary intention of this blog is to please myself, haha! you see, I'm vain, I'm a narcissist. I love taking pictures of myself since forever and I just post them because I always look back at them, haha! I'm not a fashionista or a trend-setter, I just love to shop and dress up. I don't have a certain style. I wear whatever. I'm very casual. Through blogging, I learned how not to be judgemental and be open to all kinds of fashion styles (you name it). I can see in my eyes the transformation of a better fashion world in the Philippines. Girls and boys dress up so well nowadays. Girls are more experimental with styles and boys are not afraid to be branded as metrosexual if they dress up fasyon.

my dad's long sleeve polo from Versace Couture Jeans, khaki shorts from Greenhills, gold Melissa shoes, brown Michael Kors bag
a sayang shot
Last Sunday, we were supposed to go out for my cousin's birthday, my maternal grandparents' anniversary and my tito's despidida. However, my brother and cousin arrived home late from their Batangas mountain climb. And as Jaynor was about to fetch me already, we ended up eating at Max's which is one of the fairly decent restaurants in our village.
Jaynor and I headed back to Manila, as we always do on Sundays (this time no mall stopovers).

Going back to high-low fashion...Wear whatever you like, may it be vintage, cheap buy or a designer item. Ordinary people can be stylish and no one can judge you. May this simple blog make people realize that blog is a tool to express and showcase yourself.


With the tsunami of fashion stores in the Philippines, may we all enjoy admiring, buying, hoarding clothes, shoes, bags and accessories and wear them with so much confidentiality. Don't be afraid to dress up and express yourself.♥



P.S. for some weird reason, there is an error when clicking the pictures to maximize it.Hope it won't happen in the succeeding entries.