Monday, April 25, 2011

City of Golden Friendship

Hello hello!!! :D Greetings from the City of Golden Friendship: Cagayan de Oro!!!

It's my 2nd day here and we've done a lot of things and we've been to several places already. Much as I want to upload the Singapore and Holy week pictures before this, I know that it will consume a lot of time since my SG pics are around 1000, haha!

It's very VERY hard to pack for a month trip in Mindanao. I availed Cebu Pacific's Prepaid Excess Baggage so I just paid 700php for additional 25kgs baggage since my luggages weighed 40kgs :/ Crazy!!! While Cheska and Via's combined baggage weight is 50 kgs :/

my toiletries: Hermes pack
my toiletries: Clarins pack

The girls' flight is 8:10am while the brods left 2 hours earlier. I arrived earlier than the girls and checked-in right away since I don't want to push my stuff around forever. Thus, I didn't sit beside them. But it's ok, Miss Independent! haha!
my trolley while queueing for check-in

fly fly
The brods fetched us at the airport. We headed to our home which is the house of our brod, Tonton. We had breakfast at 11am and lunch at 12nn, intense! We fixed our cabinets then took a nap. Around 3:30pm, Ton's mom woke us up thinking we should prepare for our city tour but no! It's snacks time!!! Stuffy in CDO!!! Super loving our host family! Love their house so much, lots of blog pics spots! ♥
We went to Limketkai Mall and saw cute cafes around it which we will visit soon! While checking the mall directory, we (girls), freaked out when we saw MANGO OUTLET and WHAT A GIRL WANTS! Woohoo!!! Didn't know there's WAGW here! I ended up buying a skirt and a pair of bikinis! ♥
I befriended the saleslady and asked when they restock. Thus, we shall visit the shop every Thursday or Friday. Dreading the baggage weight back to Manila knowing that there are good shops here plus the pasalubongs!
After shopping, we met with brods Arjay and Perry for dinner and drinks!
need i say more???
finally, changed to beach-friendly rubber straps

We love that bar. Food is delish (with a twist) and comes in huge servings, drinks are cheap and the place is homey. 

I can't wait to:
  • meet more brods and sisses who live in the area and those who will be here for the Philippine Obstetrics and Gynecologic Society and Philippine Academy of Ophthalmology conferences.
  • explore CDO, Bukidnon and Camiguin
  • eat in restos and try local food
  • drink in cozy cafes and homey bars
  • try white water rafting, zipline in the longest one in Asia, etc
  • hit beachesss
  • LEARN MORE ABOUT CARDIOLOGY (coz that's the reason why I'm here) hahahaha!!!