Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pasalubong

According to Wikipedia, "pasalubong is the Filipino tradition of a homecoming gift. The word is Tagalog, literally meaning "[something] meant for you when you welcome me back." It is one of the most distinctive and widely practiced Filipino traditions. Pasalubong can be any gift or souvenir brought for family, loved ones, or friends after being away for a period of time. It can also be any gift given by someone arriving from a distant place."

Went home in Laguna to welcome Papa-who comes home every 4 months and stays here for 2 months and whom I chat with almost everyday wherever he is on the globe. That's the reason why my family is still so close despite my dad working out of the country! ♥
  alcoholic...not!

Unlike when we were kids, my dad doesn't buy lots of pasalubong anymore. Besides, most of the stuff you can buy abroad are available here already. So he would usually buy novelty products wherever he can. :D


 eecckkk blurry!!! bro's shoes


it's been a tradition in the family to always put money if you gift someone a wallet
mom's Fossil wallet with some lucky money




as usual (if you follow my blog ever since, I bet you know already)

Hermes and Clarins as always *wink*

my mom collects matryoshka (Russian nesting dolls) like crazy!!! she has loads already!!!

bags from Duty Free and the rest from abroad

Papa's favorite German sausage




I arrived home around 1:30pm, ate scrumptious seafood lunch, opened the packages, opened a new bank account (love you Papa), slept then went back to Manila around 7pm, huhu! Anesth rotation requires us to sign-in at 6:30am, boo!

Before leaving home I saw this... :/
our house became a beer house for the past weeks! haha! Last night was a legendary night! It was my uncle's last night in the country and my dad's first-good thing they met even for a day. But well, Papa visits them whenever he is in US.

to my Uncle Junie, thanks for fetching and bringing me to my apt every other day!

More than the pasalubong of course, I'm happy that Papa is home again. AND im happier that he'll be here for the holidays!!! woohoo!!! And did I hear it right from mom? First wave of Christmas shopping this weekend??? YEEEHOOOOOO!!! :D
So excited to spend two full weekends at home!