Saturday, August 6, 2011

Of kids and long duties

My sisses and other medical students say that the clerkship Pediatric rotation is the most toxic. From my benign Family and Community Medicine rotation, I was really stunned by the load and long duty hours required by Pedia (and I keep saying that in my previous posts). I know Pediatrics is something that I'm not so into. To be fair, I enjoyed and had great friends especially my intern wardmates-they made Pedia so much fun!

The other day, I craved for some gelato despite the rain...

 chocolate sansrival

mixed berries

then, dropped of Starbucks to "study"


post-Pedia look, do I look terrible after a month-long toxicity?

apple pockets

I know I'll soon miss the toxicity high that Pedia brings. And how single "shout-out" words send rapid electrical impulses down your spine
Ward "CODE"-someone must be resuscitated, push fluids and do CPR
Labor Room and Delivery Room "FULLY"-someone will give birth, catch the baby 
Emergency Room "ADMISSION"-someone needs emergent attention, hope it's not a dying neonate

I'll miss my patients especially those in the Ward and Emergency Room since I had constant interaction with them. Though I rant on the toxicity of medical school, a "Thank You" from a patient or their parents remove all the stress and fatigue. No matter what I say, I know that medicine is really my passion. ♥

"caught" babies at the Labor and Delivery Room last week

I just came from my last duty for this rotation, yehey!!! Tomorrow we'll have our exam and on Monday, wait for it...my one-month vacation starts!!! YOOHOOO!!! My clothes are ready, lets travel and partey!!! ♥ So excited to go home too! :D