Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday's best

After doing grocery at S&R, we went to Rockwell and checked Luna Gardens for ShoeAddict but we can't park in front and my mom doesn't want a valet because she's iffy that our groceries might be stolen. We parked at Powerplant and checked Wooden Spoon but the waiting line is so long and we're tired and hungry from the grocery so we had lunch at Milky Way.

potato and bacon salad, lumpiang sariwa and dinuguan
Sorry, my mom had the other lumpiang sariwa that's why it looks badly-presented in this picture

 (P.S. Before going home, we bought Pancit Luglug and Mais con Yelo. I was in the car eating the mais con yelo when we noticed that something was spoiled :( it was either the corn or the milk, boo! Boo Milky Way Rockwell!)

We checked almost every shop in Rockwell to look for clothes and shoes for the hospital, hihi! I told you, a girl never runs out of reason to shop :)

Before heading home, of course we dropped by the kiosks at the ground floor.

Tuna and Mushroom Pie


Red Velvet and Russian Cookies
P.S. The best Russian cookies are still the ones from Karl Edwards at NBC Tent

I finished my sansrival in the car because I was disappointed of my spoiled mais con yelo.

I was also sad because Bronuts only had Strawberry Yogurt and i wanted the Belgian Chocolate with Salted Caramel, Cream Cheese and Bacon, Blueberries and Cream and Super Floss! 

Everything was pacified by one of my best buys that day, Bayani Brew. I saw this at Kris TV and I'm proud to say I always watch that, haha!!! Most of all, I am a proud GK Bayani. :) 

 building homes

I was one of the first members of the UP Gawad Kalinga Los Banos and I truly admire the Meloto family, the founder of Gawad Kalinga, for their efforts of eco-friendly sustainable products such as Human Nature and Bayani Brew.


Bayani Brew traces its origins from the native formulations introduced by the nanays (mothers) of the Gawad Kalinga community in the GK Enchanted Farm.

It advocates the use of indigenous ingredients such as lemongrass, pandan, and sweet potato topswhich are the main ingredients of "Bayani Brew Classic" and “Bayani Brew Purple Leaf.”

Bayani Brew wants to be remembered not only for its refreshing beverages, but also as part of a movement brewing a new breed of Filipinos crazy in love with our country.
source


To cap the night off, I had dinner with my boyfriend. We had Korean beef, clam chowder and blueberry cheesecake. We played Skrib-age (which is just like Scrabble) while watching the telly and he won. Believe me, he had high scores and I did poorly, haha!



perfect way to shoo away the tiredness that day

May we all have a great and blessed week!